Java Update did not complete. Error Code: 1603
Source : java.com
• Platform(s): Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP
• Java version(s): 7.0, 8.0
Java Update process has not completed and an error appear:
Error 1603. Java Update did not complete.
This error seen during installation process, this indicates that the installation is not completed. This is a known issue and it is under investigation by java team.
You can try these methods:
Option 1: Restart your system and uninstall old versions
Restart your system before installing
1. Once you see the 1603 error, restart your system.
2. Download and install the offline installer package.
3. When prompted, choose Save in the download dialog box, and save the download package in a convenient place (e.g. save on the desktop).
4. Double click on the downloaded installation file to start the installation process.
Uninstall Java versions before installing
1. If the above instructions fail to resolve the issue, it is recommended that you uninstall all existing Java versions from the system.
2. Reboot the system after you uninstall all Java versions, before trying to install.
Option 2: Disable Java content through the Java Control Panel
This option disables Java content in the browser prior to installing.
1. Once you see the 1603 error, close the installer.
2. Open java settings from the control panel.
3. Uncheck (de-select) Enable Java content in the browser option
• In the Java Control Panel, click the Security tab.
• Uncheck the option Enable Java content in the browser.
• Click Apply and then OK to confirm the changes.
4. Reinstall Java and re-enable Java content in the browser
• Download and install the offline installer package.
• After the installation has completed, re-enable the option to Enable Java content in the browser, if you require running Java content in the browser.
Java Offline Installer: https://java.com/winoffline_installer/
Uninstall Java: https://java.com/en/download/help/uninstall_java.xml